How to Plant Your Blossoms of Hope Tree
The trees are available year round with planting recommended from Spring through Fall. It is best to avoid planting in the heat of Summer.
- Dig a hole that is 18” wider than the tree’s root ball and deep enough that the root ball will sit 1/8” above the ground.
- Prepare a soil mixture of one shovelful of compost for every two to three shovels of dirt removed from the hole.
- Remove the tree carefully from its container by laying it on its side and lightly tapping the sides of the pot. Gently glide the tree out of the pot sideways. Always handle the tree by its root ball. Use a sharp knife to make slits down the sides of the root ball to help the root system grow into the soil.
- Roll the root ball into the hole. Do not drop the tree into hole because it may damage the roots.
- Make sure the tree is standing straight. Fill the hole with the soil mixture, packing it down as you fill the hole. Do not put soil on top of root ball.
- Place a maximum of 2” to 3” of mulch around base of tree. Do not pile mulch up around the tree trunk itself.