Thank you to all who donated, shared, liked and engaged our posts and emails during our week in the competition of Brackets for Good!
Unfortunately, we lost. Buzzer beaters for the other team did us in. We put up a valiant effort, $587, and hopefully we will be competing again next year!
A little bit about Brackets for Good:
- Every March, Brackets For Good hosts a single-elimination, bracket-style fundraising tournaments across the country that raise much-needed funds and awareness for nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
- All registered nonprofits will go through the annual Brackets For Good selection process.
- Brackets For Good hosts a pre-tournament Pep Rally (in-person and virtual), where selected nonprofits will learn key strategies for a successful tournament run.
- Participating nonprofits retain the donations raised and all donor information during the tournament, regardless of advancement. The tournament champion in each city will also receive a grand prize donation from the title sponsor.
- The six-round tournament takes place over five weeks beginning on the last Friday in February, with each of the first four rounds lasting a full week and the semifinal and championship round each lasting three days.
- The tournament begins with 64 charities, each paired in a competitive match-up against an opponent. Charities advance through the rounds by rallying enthusiastic donors to scoring more points than their opponent. Every $1 donated through https://bfg.org/ equals 1 point scored for the chosen charity. At the end of each round, the nonprofit with the most points in the individual match-up advances to the next round, the points are reset, and the fundraising continues until a champion is crowned.